So now i have a rolling board together it's time to wire it up and make it a powered streetluge or and actual jetluge.
First thing first. if you get bored easily you might as well cut to the end. if not i'll try to keep it brief for you anyhow.
The first thing i had to do was get a throttle control setup for the board. so i ran down to the local electronics shop and purchased a bunch of different size potentiometers. i hate electronics and for the most part it always confuses me. so i tend to take a boring long time to work out and map a plan of attack.
This is my throttle control unit. i got it for like $3:00AUD off the ebays. the wires going into it are my doing. normally it has a tiny potentiometer sitting there. but it was made of plastic and would not be suitable for my needs. so it had to go and i needed a replacement. so...
This is the most pains taking part. soldering. i'm not a patient man a lot of the time. but i have learnt patients, and in doing so i have managed to find pleasure in some of the most tedious tasks. i have found i do love customising anything i own. once the wires were connected. it was time to see if everything was still working, hoping that i didn't cook any of the electronics. not everyone has and extra $3:00 laying around if i stuffed it up you know!
Once i knew that the throttle worked all i had to do was program the computer so the turbine would know what the hell i wanted it to do.
Now that everything was calibrated i had to do a test. this meant running the board. i was very excited and nervous for this part. my history with turbines has not been the best but as if i was going to let that stop me. below is the very first start of the jet luge in it's basic lay out. nothing mounted to it's final location except the turbine.