The last week or so i have been a very busy boy. i have even had to miss out on streetluge ride day with the guys. the sacrifices we make huh. well the reason i have been so busy is i have been trying to get as much done on the jet luge as possible so we can do a start test on it. well, this weekend we have moved even closer to that goal with allot of the wiring being laid out. there is very little room for any of it to be honest and i still have to fit in six fuel pumps, five batteries and a heap of fuel lines. where is it all going to go? at the moment i have no idea. this week will have me in the shed laying out all the wiring and trying to hide most of it and trying to make it fit so we can have room for everything else. Oh! did i mention i also have to try stop it all from melting or catching fire? yeah there is a small risk of that happening. being that the afterburners sit on top of every bit of electronics and fuel line the board has. the temperatures expected to radiate off the after burners will be in the 1500 to 2000 degrees celsius area. have a look at the photos below of what i will be dealing with.
Transporting the jet luge from place to place will not be a problem. as you can see my van look like it was custom made to take it. it wasn't but i am lucky that the Guinness World record rules state that the board cannot be wider than 60cm.
You can see buy the wiring below i have a bit of work cut out before me to hide all this and find it a safe path away from heat and safe from any possible damage.
Once i get it all laid out an in place i will show you photos of which does what on the board. we are still working out how to mount and set the forward controls. i will also be running a remote cutoff.
As a little surprise i did a video for you all of us testing the synchronizing of the turbine engines. the engines push out a huge amount of are even at 3500rpm. i can't wait to have them at full throttle.
The test went perfect and both motors start exactly how they should. one problem we found is that the port side motor is sheering on the afterburner at startup. though it is not too bad i will have to work on the afterburner a little to fix it. when heat gets into the engine and afterburner the expansion will start to cause major problems. not a good thing when you want to run a motor up to about 55,000rpm. other than that all i got to do now is tuck a lot of wiring away and do some soldering on some lines and she will be ready for a test fire.