Now that i have the turbine, i can begin building. if you're counting, this will be. luge number 3. This board i want to keep as basic and simple as possible. i want it to stay as close to a competition board as i can. To do that, i have decided to take one of my best built boards and pull it apart. Just so i can build it back up again longer and hopefully faster.
You will see in the photo above i will be extending the spine.. In doing this i will need to reinforcing the rail and doubling up on the channel to compensate for the extra length and weight. i will keep a bit of flex in the board for this one.. just a bit to keep things a little smoother over joints in the road and the odd stone on the track.
In the picture above you will see the markings i have made for the welder. i can't weld at home so i do this to avoid any confusion when i send it out. Match the lines on side A and side B and then weld. that simple.
In this picture you can see the full length the new board will be. The 4 holes in the middle of the spine will match up with the holes in the pan next to it. the overhang at the rear will then run down to the riser with the turbine sitting in the middle.. i use T6 aluminum C channel for the spine and 6064 alloy for the pan. This is the same alloy i use in my race boards.